Visit Volcano on this La Palma excursion – Day Trip from Tenerife!
Join us on a day excursion to La Palma, including:
- El Barco de la Virgen, a reproduction of the Santa Maria on board of which Christopher Columbus discovered America
- The Castle of Santa Catalina, one of the most important castles in Spain on the route to the Americas
- The typical balconies, among the best sets of balconies preserved in the Canary Islands
- The Mirador de la Concepción, where you can see the Caldereta volcano and the capital of the beautiful island
- The Tacande district, where you will have a first view of the volcano
- The youngest lava flows in Spain in Tazacorte
- The viewpoint of Tajuya, where you can observe the last volcano of the Canary Islands which still has no name
During the trip, lunch will be served in one of the typical restaurants of the area at about 13:30. After lunch, you will see the fajana or lava delta from the port of Tazacorte.
Details for La palma volcano excursion
Please note that the itinerary and timetable may be subject to changes due to adverse weather conditions.
Infants port fees (0 – 3 years old) must be paid directly at the Fred Olsen office.
The duration of the ferry to La Palma is approximately 2h and 15 min.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- It is advisable to bring seasickness pills.
The tour includes an official guide, air-conditioned bus, lunch/dinner with drinks included.
Please bring your identity document or passport, which will be required to board the ferry. Without it, boarding might be denied.
The tour is suitable for people with disabilities or with reduced mobility. The degree of disability must allow the person to get on the bus assisted by an accompanying person. A maximum of 2 wheelchairs per bus. Priority seats are located on the front of the bus.
Meeting Point and Duration of La Palma day trip:
The meeting point is at 07:45 a.m at Los Cristianos port (Fred Olsen office). The duration of the trip is approximately 11 hours, including a 2:15h boat trip. You will depart from the port of Los Cristianos at 8:30 am to arrive at the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma at 11:00 am. You will return to the port at around 16:30 to leave at 17:00 and arrive at the port of Los Cristianos at 19:30.