Terms and Conditions
Reservation Terms and Conditions
TENERIFE-DIRECT.COM is owned by Viajes Excursion Shop S.L. registration number A.V./I.V.384. Viajes Excursion Shop S.L. is a fully bonded Spanish Travel Agent. We are fully licensed to handle all our website activities.
- RESERVATIONS: All bookings are subject to availability at the time the written booking and appropriate payment are received at our office. Should it be impractical for a written booking to arrive at our office prior to a clients departure (eg in the case of last minute bookings made by email or telephone) receipt of payment by credit card or any other arrangement mutually agreed constitutes acceptance of our Booking Conditions. No booking can be regarded as firm until confirmation and payment is received.
- PAYMENT: When making a booking less than 12 weeks prior to the departure date payment in full is required at the time of booking. When making a booking more than 12 weeks to departure a deposit is required as follows:
- Accommodation: Only 75.00£ per apartment per week
- Hotel: 10£ per person per night
- Villa: 150£ per villa per week
- Excursions: 100% refunds are given for excursion cancellations, two weeks advance notice or if your too sick to go on the excursion
- Car Hire: 40£ per vehicle per week
- SPECIAL REQUESTS: We will endeavour wherever possible to meet any special request made in writing but no guarantee can be given. If your special request can only be met at an additional cost you will either be invoiced for the amount due prior to your departure or advised of the procedure for payment at your resort. Unless specifically agreed by us in writing we cannot accept any booking which is conditional on the satifaction of a special request.
- ALTERATIONS: If you wish to alter your booking we will do our best to help. An administration fee will be levied for each alteration made. If you wish to alter your booking within 6 weeks of departure, cancellation charges could apply.
- CANCELLATION: If a booking or part thereof cancelled we must receive written advise of the cancellation signed wherever possible by the person who signed the booking form and the following charges will then apply: 12 weeks prior to departure - 20£ booking fee
- CARHIRE: We act only as an agent and shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury however caused. Your contract is with the carhire company operator whose terms and conditions are detailed on the contract signed on collection of the vehicle.
- DESCRIPTIONS: The descriptions on our website and literature are prepared in good faith and are believed to be accurate but we do can not be held liable for the temporary or permanent withdrawal of any resort facility or service not advised to us prior to your departure or that is not under our direct control.
- BUILDING WORK: Building work and noise are unavoidable in developing resorts. It is the case that some resort areas continue to expand and it can happen that construction work may begin in the vicinity without our knowledge. We will also do our best to inform you of the facts in advance but if this is not possible please accept our apologies. We will endeavour to move passengers wherever possible away from disturbances however, this is not always possible and is sometimes beyond our control.
- DISABLED: Many apartments, hotels or villas are not equipped to cater for the needs of disabled guests. It is therefore most important that reservations are informed of your special needs when enquiring about a holiday or excursions.
- LIFEGUARDS: Please note lifeguards are not always present at resort complexes.
- IF WE ALTER BOOKINGS: Every effort is made to maintain arrangements as advertised but because they are planned many months in advance changes may occur for reasons which are totally beyond our control. Should it be necessary to change your booking we undertake to provide an alternative of the same standard at no extra cost to yourselves. We would advise you of any changes at the earliest time possible explaining the reasons to you.
- NUMBER OF NIGHTS: The number of nights quoted refers to the number of nights accommodation booked for you. Some flights are night flights, when you arrive in the resort your room is immediately available as it has been reserved for the whole night. This therefore, counts are one of your holiday nights.
- ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is reserved exclusively for the persons named or numbered on the booking form. Certain standards of behaviour are expected from the various local communities and clients are requested to observe them. We reserve the right to terminate without compensation the holiday tenancy of any client whose behaviour is causing annoyance or damage to property or persons whether employees or other clients or apartment owners.
- PROBLEMS: If a problem should arise we must insist that it is first brought to the attention of the Reception or Management Company responsible for your reservation, who will usually be able to resolve the problem themselves. Should this not be the case you should contact us immediately who will take the problem on themselves. If the problem cannot be resolved full details must be received at our office no later than 14 days after your departure. We will undertake to make any necessary enquiries and reply within 28 days.
- DISPUTES: In the event of disputes our liability shall not exceed the full cost of the reservation. Any litigation will be subject to England and Spanish Law.
The balance in full must be paid no later than 12 weeks before departure. In the event of payment not being received in full by the due date we reserve the right to cancel the arrangements made and levy charges as in Booking Condition 5 below.
All Credit card payments are surcharged at 2% unless otherwise specifically stated.
Between 12 weeks prior to departure and the departure date - 100% deposit.
You may be able to make a claim on your insurance policy if your claim falls within terms of the policy agreement.